Since our message on Monday, we’ve been working hard to make some more temporary changes at the studio to keep you safe and healthy. As the University of Georgia also closes for the next two weeks, we’ll be making a few changes to our schedule too.
M3Yoga will remain open until we are no longer permitted or it is no longer safe. We deeply believe in the power of yoga and will continue sharing it as much as we can.
We continue to work diligently to make M3 a sparkling clean and safe home away from home. We commit to doing everything we can to make your yoga experience amazing. We want to be an oasis where you can escape your worries for an hour or so.
Our earlier email on Monday that has all the cleaning and disinfecting procedures we’re already doing can be read here if you missed it.
Nick’s years as a nurse, including time developing cleaning procedures/policies for health care facilities, are helping us ensure you get the cleanest yoga studio possible and safest yoga experience we can provide.
Some New Updates:
- We will no longer let anyone use eye pillows for the time being. Please bring your own or use a white towel to cover your eyes.
- We will not be placing props out before classes.
- Our instructors will be modifying class sequences to use fewer props.
- We also will only use bolsters and blankets for Restorative, Candlelight Yin and Sound Bath (then disinfecting and washing the covers after class)
- Instead of placing out kneepads to designate mat placements we will place out small post it notes that are thrown away after class.
- We will be disinfecting the floors between classes in addition to dry mopping.
- We have reduced class sizes in both studios to allow more room for us all. Starting Monday March 16, the Tree Room studio will be capped at 13; the main studio will be maxed at 30. This also makes it super critical to pre-register and cancel registrations if you can’t make it so all our Warriors can get in yoga when they need it.
- We are working on exploring a virtual way to take classes with us and will share information with our members as soon as we have it.
- We are moving to a verbal check in system, which means it is important that you verbally check in with the front desk assistant when you arrive to make sure they check you into class. The iPad and sign in sheets have temporarily been removed.
- We are offering all yoga mats and towels 25% off for those seeking to transition from using studio supplied items.
Temporary Schedule Changes
We will temporarily be reducing the number of classes on our schedule to allow us more cleaning and disinfecting time during the day. We still have 54 weekly classes to enjoy and plan to add these classes back soon!
From March 16-29 the following classes are canceled:
- Monday 6am Warrior Workout
- Monday 3pm Hatha/Alignment (moving to Friday at 4pm)
- Tuesday 3pm Warrior Workout and 4pm Slow Flow
- Wednesday 3pm Flow and 8pm Flow
- Thursday 3pm Hot Rocket
- Friday 4:30 Flow
As always, we will be monitoring and may temporarily change the schedule further as needed.
A Message from Nick & Matt
We send this message out to inform you, not scare you. None of our decisions have been made out of fear. Instead, they are made out of a conscious effort to keep our community safe and sustainable.
Right now can feel scary for many reasons. We want to encourage you to stay safe, continue following all health official recommendations and guidelines, but also make sure you’re not letting fear win.
Going about your routine or taking time for yourself can make a huge difference in your overall well-being during stressful times. Yoga promotes optimal health. Obviously, don’t put yourself or others at risk, but also don’t stop doing the things that keep you healthy to begin with.
We are following all CDC guidelines and assume you are as well. We cannot be the source of information regarding COVID-19, however, we can be the space you come to to get away.
Right now, our studios are 10 times more clean than our house (mostly because we don’t have time to clean our house because we’re cleaning the studios. 😂😂😂)
That said, we expect you to do your part and keep yourself and our community safe by staying home if you’re sick. Also by washing your hands, covering your mouth when coughing/sneezing, and following any other procedures directed by your health care professional or government official.
We will always have a mat for you at M3, and we are doing everything we can to help support our community during this time and to keep you safe.
If you need anything from us or have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to reach out. We are here for you and love each and every one of you like family.
Please, also keep supporting your favorite local businesses like M3. It is so important that we keep lifting each other up as things get us down.
Speaking from experience, now is a very stressful, scary time for business owners too. And we want all small businesses in our community to succeed. So show them some extra love!
Again, we don’t send this message out to insight panic, but instead to keep you updated with the efforts we’re going through for our Warriors. As always, we will continue to keep you up to date on everything. See you on the mat soon!
With loving hearts,
-Nick and Matt